Re: [ihc] Roger's brakes

----- Original Message -----
From: "Joel M Brodsky" <jmbrodsky@domain.elided>
To: <ihc@domain.elided>
Sent: Friday, July 23, 2004 14:44
Subject: [ihc] Roger's brakes

> Roger,
>       Drums, you can find in a wrecking yard if need be, but I've seen
many
> run close to the
> limits for many years and though I can't recommend it, I've had no ill
> effects.  Never seen any
> available new.  Be careful if you get replacements, as there are some ford
> axles and drums

Joel.... I dissagree.

My '78 got brand new drums on it when I started working on it.  I want to
say I ordered them from SSS, but I don't really remember.  I don't ever
remember hearing that Scout II rear brake drums were no longer availible
brand new.  I thought the parts stores even listed them sometimes.

-Ryan

---