[ihc] Roger's brakes

Roger,
      Drums, you can find in a wrecking yard if need be, but I've seen many
run close to the
limits for many years and though I can't recommend it, I've had no ill
effects.  Never seen any
available new.  Be careful if you get replacements, as there are some ford
axles and drums
that are 'close' to the IH ones.  I have a Travelall with a Dana 60, 5 on
5.5" and the drum's center
hole is about 1/2" wider dia. than the stub on the axle shaft. The axle
shaft looks like a Ford
or other Big3 type unit with the same splines.  The end play sounds like a
problem with the bearing.  Check the
four bolts that hold the axle retaining plate on the axle tube.  They are
accessed through the hole in
the rear hub.  Don't try and go around the back of the brake backing plate
with a box wrench.  I've
seen a friend do this, until I explained to him that the hole in the hub
was for a socket to go through.
He about threw the wrench at me.  Bearings are inexpensive from any store,
a diff shop can assemble in minutes
for usually about $15 for pressing them off/on.

      Rotors are usually anywhere between $45 and $95 depending on quality.
$50 sounds fine,
if they are the quality you like, go with it.  Studs are easy to obtain and
replace, and the rotors are
often a bugger to press on/off the hubs.  I've had good luck with lots of
PB and careful
application of pressure (hits with a hammer noncritical surfaces).

      Glad the column stuff worked out.

JoelB