Re: [ihc] Alts and RMIHR

John Hofstetter wrote:

I put in a Delco 12si 94amp alternator. Direct bolt in upgrade for our 10si 37/63amp stock units.
I have a 135 amp Mean Green starter in my Terra. So, I'm 41 amps better than Tom.
I know now that I can never hope to out over-do the great Hofs. I would bow in your presence, if you would but grace me with it.

:D

I didn't want to pony up the extra coin for a 135amp Mean Green alternator, and thus far the 94amp 12si is doing a fine job. Perhaps I need to look into the Leece-Neville stuff bandied about on the Digest while I was gone.

I've considered mounting a second alternator where the smog-pump would be. I could then have TWO 94amp units.. and since we all know TWO are better than ONE, I might yet get a leg up on Ol'Saline.

Of course, the real motivation would be to use one alternator as a welder from time to time when the need arises..

Tom, hope your trip to Salida was free of disasters. I miss seeing you and hearing of your adventures.
Sorry you couldn't make it this year.

Overall attendance was down a bit from the previous year. It seems a number of multi-IH owners elected to bring a few less than usual.. and then there were those that just flat didn't come.

I haven't totaled up the fuel receipts yet, but it ain't pretty.

I MUST do something about my single 15gal fuel tank situation before another long trip.. stopping every hour to refuel gets old and slows things down dramatically.

My trip was largely uneventful. One trailer tire had the tread seperate.. some vapor locking only on two big passes.. and that was about it.

I arrived in Salida Friday afternoon and had nothing to do. I was lost. ;)