Re: [ihc] High Amp Alternator

John,
	I hope you have a good high amp alternator to go with that 135 amp Mean
Green starter. ;^)  I thought about getting a Mean Green alt., until I
saw the price, ouch! $350.00

	Speaking of high amp starters, I finally tested the amperage draw of my
starter, as you recommended. Don't know if you remember but I was having
trouble getting the fast idle solenoid on the Holley Projection to stay
out during cranking. Everything checked out okay. The amperage draw of
the starter was just a little over 200. Still don't know what's causing
the problem. I liked your suggestion to the problem though and though it
was going to be the winner. I also like the amperage tester from
J.C.Whitney  you recommended. Good for testing alts. too.

George H.
72 Scout II
345 V8

On Sun, 18 Jul 2004 21:37:56 -0700 John Hofstetter <hofs@domain.elided>
writes:

> On Jul 14, 2004, at 12:49 PM, Tom Mandera wrote:
>
> > I put in a Delco 12si 94amp alternator.  Direct bolt in upgrade
> for
> > our 10si 37/63amp stock units.
>
> I have a 135 amp Mean Green starter in my Terra. So, I'm 41 amps
> better
> than Tom.
>
> Tom, hope your trip to Salida was free of disasters. I miss seeing
> you
> and hearing of your adventures.
>
> John
>
> John Hofstetter