Re: [ihc] timing the BD-264?

----- Original Message -----
From: "David Raistrick" <keen@domain.elided>
To: <ihc@domain.elided>; <oldihc@domain.elided>
Sent: Saturday, July 10, 2004 16:54
Subject: [ihc] timing the BD-264?

> Hey folks.
>
> Got the Holley 2110 disassembled, cleaned, kited, and reassembled.  The
> idle needles were wrong, the tips were not long enough...so I reverted
> back to the old ones.
>
> Reinstalled, and am trying to get the idle set..but not having any luck
> with it below ~800 rpm.  Specs I've seen say 350-400, at which point it
> bucks and stalls.   (and the idle-stop screw is totally off the stop at
> that point)
>
> So, my wee brain things the timing might be off.
>
> Now, I've got a spec, 4 degrees BTDC, from:
> http://www.off-road.com/~jweed/258.htm
>
> ..but I cannot find any timing marks!
>
> I assume they should be on the crank pulley somewhere...
>
> Any advice?  Also, what cyl. should this be timed off of? 1?
>
> thanks guys.
>
> ..david

My CTS 2300 doesn't have the BD264 in it, but for the BD-282 it says the
firing order is 153624.  Same firing order for the BD-308.  6 degrees BTDC
for the 282 and 3 degrees BTDC for the 308.  No idle RPM given.

Do you actually have official specs that say that low of an idle rpm or are
you trying to remember? For now I'd say don't try to make it idle that low
if it doesn't want to.

Maybe play with the timing a little too to see if it helps doing that.
Also check for vacuum leaks!

-Ryan

---