[ihc] timing the BD-264?

Hey folks.

Got the Holley 2110 disassembled, cleaned, kited, and reassembled.  The
idle needles were wrong, the tips were not long enough...so I reverted
back to the old ones.

Reinstalled, and am trying to get the idle set..but not having any luck
with it below ~800 rpm.  Specs I've seen say 350-400, at which point it
bucks and stalls.   (and the idle-stop screw is totally off the stop at
that point)

So, my wee brain things the timing might be off.

Now, I've got a spec, 4 degrees BTDC, from:
http://www.off-road.com/~jweed/258.htm

..but I cannot find any timing marks!

I assume they should be on the crank pulley somewhere...

Any advice?  Also, what cyl. should this be timed off of? 1?

thanks guys.

..david

--
        David Raistrick    http://www.netmeister.org/news/learn2quote.html