Re: [ihc] timing the BD-264?

David Raistrick wrote:

DR> Now, I've got a spec, 4 degrees BTDC, from:
DR> http://www.off-road.com/~jweed/258.htm

DR> ..but I cannot find any timing marks!

DR> I assume they should be on the crank pulley somewhere...

David

The BD timing marks are on the flywheel.  On the driver's side of the
engine there is a little "port" with a pivoting cover on the flywheel
housing.  This port has a pointer cast in.  Slide open the cover to
see the pointer and the flywheel where marks will be.

Also, my manual(IH service manual) lists 6 deg BTDC for 264s below
serial number 457308, and 2 deg BTDC starting at serial 457308.

Ken