[ihc] RE: David's timing

>Date: Sat, 10 Jul 2004 14:54:27 -0700 (PDT)
>From: David Raistrick <keen@domain.elided>
>Subject: [ihc] timing the BD-264?
<snip>

>So, my wee brain things the timing might be off.

>Now, I've got a spec, 4 degrees BTDC, from:
>http://www.off-road.com/~jweed/258.htm

>..but I cannot find any timing marks!

>I assume they should be on the crank pulley somewhere...

Bzzzzt! Not ;). Timing marks are on the flywheel. There is a flip up cover
on the front of the bellhousing, driver's side top, next to the engine
block. IIRC, one of the marks is an 'o', the others are just dots. I can't
for the life of me recall if the 'o' is TDC or the preferred timing or
something else. It does show this info in the operators manual. I would set
it for best(highest) idle RPM and call it good.

>Any advice?  Also, what cyl. should this be timed off of? 1?

Jim