[ihc] NWBRU Field Report: It was simply amazing!

Everybody,
        Those that did not come this year really missed something.  Last
I heard, the final number of registered entrants was around 187 vehicles.
 About 2/3 were trucks and Scouts, and the other 1/3 were tractors,
engines, cream separators, et cetera.  The praise from those that filled
out the critique forms we handed out were overwhelmingly positive.
Negative responses were on very minor issues like scheduling and the
like.  Everyone loved the new venue at the Western Antique Powerland, for
lots of different reasons:  lots of shade trees, nice bathrooms with
showers, good food vendors, easy to find, camping onsite with other
lodging close by, long show hours, and many different things to look at
including lots of other stuff to see if you got tired of looking at IH
product (unthinkable, but some people do).  The M-5 truck was used to
haul trash and tables, and I had no shortage of volunteers willing to
help with the trash duties if they got to drive the truck.  Our club
media person took 5 rolls of pictures before he ran out of film, and
missed shooting several vehicles.  The award for longest distance
travelled in an IH was a fellow that drove from Minnesota, by the name of
Osieck (not sure of spelling, sorry), but the two fellows from Holland
were very happy they came to see the show, and visit some of the IH parts
places around here.  There were 3 crawlers, 1 bulldozer, and 1 front end
loader.  There was a pedal tractor, a Cub snowblower, many Cub Cadet
mowers and tractors, 3 older semi tractors and 2 brand new ones from the
showroom floor including a beautiful Eagle, some new Cub Cadet work
quads, and a new Case/IH front loader.  There were more pickups and
TravelAlls than have ever been to the show.  IHCC Chapter 30 picked up
something like 25 new members, as did our club and Northwest Binders.
Those that wanted were able to ride on the scale model steam railroad,
which ran nonstop for two days.  I learned to drive a Farmall A and a
McCormick T-20 crawler, and how to start an LA and LB motor.  Doc Stewart
brought his McCormick engine and let it run a power saw for two days.  A
fellow came with a '72 pickup that he bought at an auction for $50 and
that he had made into a puller truck with a 460 Ford motor, which was a
real crowd pleaser.  He knows several other pullers in Oregon and
Washington, and is going to try to get them to come next year.  Mister
Scout brought his Sherman Balch Baja Scout II to show.  John H. came too,
and we had a potluck last night with him and Wanda.  I did not go on the
trail run to Brown's Camp, but I heard there was a lot of carnage there,
and a lot of fun.  I could go on and on.  If anyone else here went, tell
us what you thought.  If you missed it this year, please consider coming
next year, it is worth the drive.  Assuming we have it here again next
year, we will try to move the date to not conflict with a big show in
Shelton, Washington, and the EDGE &TA Regional will not be in California,
so I suspect we may have as many as 300+ entrants next year.
-Colin Rush