Re: [ihc] 152/196 Flywheels

In a message dated 6/5/2004 8:14:36 AM Pacific Standard Time,
bearbvd@domain.elided writes:
> [...]
\>
>> I recall reading some where that the IHC 4 cyl are externally balanced and
>> v8s are internally balanced but I'm not sure IIRC.
>
>I think you've got it backwards... generally, Inline engines tend to be
>internally balanged due to their design...

He DOES have it backwards. The SV8's have some of their bob weight
external, which is, CONTRARY to magazine writer and hot-rodder wisdom, a
GOOD thing.

The IHC fours based on the SV's have no need for bob-weights, and therefore
have no external balance weights. NO I-4 or I-6 engine NEEDS any bob
weights.

Greg
Hey Greg,

Please help me understand if you have time. I'm not sure what your reffering
to as bob weights. The harmonic Balancers on my IHC 152/196 have bob wieghts
180 degrees apart from each other, where as my 304, and all the other IHC V8
engines I've had did not have these counter weights.

What am I missing?

What does SV mean?

Thanks
Sincerely,