RE: [ihc] Gone Postal

## >> Side markers started approximately the same time as the 800B.
## >>  800As had
## >> the round reflectors. I'm not sure how yours got to be with
## >> no markers.
## >> Are you sure the VIN plate hasn't been switched to an earlier chassis?

this isn't entirely correct.  1969 800A Scouts had the round units.  year
model 1970 800A trucks got rectangular lights.  our 800A was built in
November, 1969, and has the rectangular lights at all corners.  i've never
seen a 1970 800A that has anything but the rectangular lights, and i've seen
quite a few now (though i've seen several 1969 800As labeled as 1970
models).  our 1968 800 had nothing at all, either lights or reflectors.

## >> I don't recall any mirror setup for no doors;the only ones I remember
## >> were the ones on the doors and I don't remember that you could buy the
## >> 800 without doors, although back when the Scout first started, outside
## >> mirrors were optional.  I suspect they were required by 1971.

our 800A has mirrors on the doors, but only because i put them there.  it
didn't come with those.  what it came to us with were mirrors mounted to the
windscreen frame on each side just above the hood hinges.  those aren't
stock either, but i haven't found anything on any other vehicle quite like
what it had, so i don't know where they came from.  the 800 had a single
aftermarket external mirror mounted to the top of the windscreen frame on
the driver's side, no door mirrors and no mounting holes.

--Mac

Wassail!

Krystof "Mac" MacBryghde
TyrGothi

http://master.triad.ath.cx/
---
This message is certified Virus Free.  However;
Don't take *my* word for it, check it yourself.