[ihc] Re: Red Power Round Up

IMark, et al....

The RPRU/Midwest Classic was a great show. For some reason I was particularly
looking forward to this show.
Maybe it's because I've been absent from the IH world for most of the winter
and spring and longed to renew some old contacts.  I've spent the last 6
months working on the house, my Masters and a demanding job, yada yada. Now that
summer's here it's time to think IH. And undoubtedly, seeing the "Last two" was
a major motivator in getting up to RPRU.

It was great getting the chance to catch up with everyone. I even managed to
meet a few new very interesting folks. One fella in particular from Wisconsin
was great to meet. It was his first IH show, but he'd had Scouts for decades.
He has a very interesting job with an industrial engine manufacturer that
takes him to off shore oil rigs, the middle of China, Pakistan, etc...

And for Hofs and Howard whom I accompanied on a trip up to the Alpine Tunnel
Road at last summer's RMIHR...I met another Gent from Wisconsin who was
volunteering in rebuilding the Alpine Station site. He takes his Scout and camp
trailer up there each year from Wisconsin and with a group of volunteers spends
about two weeks up there working on what we saw last summer, restoring it for
future generations. Neat people, and I could go on and on.

As we get into the show season, I'm reminded that seeing all of the great
Binders is only part of the fun!