[ihc] RE: 1/2 ton closed knuckle disk brakes

>So you kept the axle stock, but were able to add disc brakes to the closed
>knuckle design? I always figured if I wanted disc brakes, I would have to
go
>to the 70s style open knuckle and disc setup. How difficult was the
>modification?

The head-scratching was more difficult than the actual mod. I ended up with
GM spindles/caliper mounts/calipers and Ford 1/2 ton hubs/rotors. I retained
the IH outer shafts, which required custom spindle bushings and thrust
washers(very simple machining). There are other ways to do it, including SII
D30 spindles with SII disks.

Jim