Re: [ihc] Cooling fans...

Ryan Moore wrote:

Thanks Tom!  Exactly what I was looking for!

Any advantage to staying with the clutch fan over going to fixed?  A little
more power and slightly lower noise with the clutch, right?
I can't say I noticed the power change, but I sure noticed the noise!

I first put the clutch fan on my SII when I put the built 345 in. 4.09/33s and 75mph was fairly noisy with the fixed fan.

The SII is now back to a fixed fan. I swapped the clutch fan into the Travelette with 4.30s/31s not long after I got it.. now the clutch fan is in my shed, with a Taurus electric on the truck.

If you don't have other stuff making noise, the clutch fan will cut down on noise at highway speeds.

Just sitting, parked, it's the difference between hearing my dual Turbos rumble at 3000rpm, or hearing the wind coming off the fan - drowning the exhaust noise - instead.

With my 36" TSLs, I can't hear the fixed fan or the exhaust any more.. :D