From: "Rocky Lear" <rockylear@domain.elided>
To: <ihc-digest@domain.elided>
Sent: Friday, May 28, 2004 6:31 PM
Subject: [ihc] Pertinent tool numbers

> Has anyone copiled a list of the part numbers of the spindle nut sockets
needed to work on our trucks? A while back I ordered, through Car Quest,
what I thought was the right socket to work on a 3/4 ton 44 front. I think
it was  2.5". When it came in, it wouldn't fit. I ended up using the old
hammer and chisel method to tighten them back. Now I'm working on a 70 front
and it has the same style nut except 2.75". Does anyone have the correct
Snap On, Mac, Proto etc. numbers for these sockets? What about the nuts on a
3/4 D60 rear? Are they the same as a 70?