RE: [ihc] Plans for truck bed fabrication

On Thu, 27 May 2004, Rocky Lear wrote:

> Would anyone know where to get a plan to build a short flatbed for a
> truck? I'm thinking about building a hotshot style flat for this one
ton
> out of aluminum but I need something to smoke over to get some ideas.
> would have thought that something like this would've been easy to find
> but I have looked online and can't find anything. Any help is
> appreciated!!

I'd go to some local junkyards. My local Pick-N-Pull has lots of nice
flatbeds on 3/4 and 1 ton trucks. You may find something inexpensive to
bolt right on or you could get some ideas and measurement if you want to
build your own.

Isaac Hastings
1965 IH 3/4 Ton 4x4 Travelall
http://isaac.healdsburg.net/travelall