Re: [ihc] Plans for truck bed fabrication

On Thu, 27 May 2004, Rocky Lear wrote:

> Would anyone know where to get a plan to build a short flatbed for a
> truck? I'm thinking about building a hotshot style flat for this one ton
> out of aluminum but I need something to smoke over to get some ideas. I
> would have thought that something like this would've been easy to find
> but I have looked online and can't find anything. Any help is
> appreciated!!

Rocky:

Try a trucking equipment company and see what they have available to
install.

Take some measurements - do some rough sketches, tell them you're looking
for a 1 ton flat bed, and trying to decide what is best for your needs.

They may not have a 1 ton in stock, but the larger sizes should give you
some ideas.

Chat them up, perhaps get some brochures (with some specs).

Do some "social engineering."

Hope this helps.

--
Ted Borck	tborck@domain.elided