RE: [ihc] RE:

## >> LOL!
## >>
## >> You could always organize all the parts and have everything
## >> ready to go,
## >> then it's a weekend project again!
## >>
## >> BTW, the BB is back up now.
## >>
## >> -Ryan

i think this depends on a lot of factors...

now i don't know if Ed is like this or not, but we'll use my dad for an
example concerning "weekend projects".

step one:  check your calendar for an appropriate three or four day weekend.
or any weekend that looks like maybe might work.

step two: gather up all the materials and tools you'll need a couple months
before-hand.  make sure they're all organized and laid out, with extra
materials and fasteners (and maybe extra tools) in case of mistakes and
miscalculations, etc.  lay out an extra-well-stocked first aid kit.

step three:  invite a dozen or more of your old buddies from high school,
work, the Army, etc out to your farmstead to "help".  include a full side of
beef, about fifty cases of beer, several barbecues, and one old piano set up
on the patio.

step four:  consume all the beer and beef, spend all night every night of
the weekend drinking and eating and singing old songs by the piano.

step five:  make plans for another weekend "some time soon" (whatever that
means) to try to get this project done.

step six:  repeat steps one through five for a year and a half before
finally hiring somebody else to do the job.  or before extorting your son to
compleat the task under threat of scrapping his trucks when he's not
looking.

it's no wonder these projects snowball till they're unmanageable.

your experiences may vary, of course.

--Mac

Wassail!

Krystof "Mac" MacBryghde
TyrGothi

http://master.triad.ath.cx/
---
This message is certified Virus Free.  However;
Don't take *my* word for it, check it yourself.