[ihc] RE: Herm buddy

>Date: Mon, 24 May 2004 16:18:20 -0600
>From: "John M. Adams" <jma@domain.elided>
>Subject: [ihc] RE: Herm The Overdrive Guy

>Mike B. indicated that there was a rare OD out there that worked behind the
>Dana 20, and he and Jim G. both hinted that Herm was a good source for
>equipment of that sort, at a price well below what AA would charge. I
didn't
>know if he would have one like what Mike was referring to (non Warn), or be
>able to suggest something new that would work, but thought I would get the
>scoop on his reputation before calling him. Just following all leads...
>Thanks, ~John A.

I was mostly thinking of Herm as a source for the Warn type D18 o/d. The
unit that fits a D20 is a different animal entirely, consisting of a Borg
Warner 'electric' planetary o/d unit that has been adapted to fit the D20
rear output shaft. 2WD operation only, natch. Early Bronco sources seem to
be the best for digging up one of these, not sure if there are any fitment
issues due to differences in D20 applications('tho' Greg prolly knows...).

Jim