RE: [ihc] reverse switch retrofit?

## >> One could go the other way, and put several fog
## >> lamps on the rear for back-up lights, or to illuminate the
## >> ground behind
## >> you for whatever work you might need done.  In that case, I
## >> would put in
## >> a relay, and an illuminated toggle on a panel with the additional
## >> switches for the front fog lights, the ARB, the cargo light, oil
## >> accumulator solenoid valve, electric air pump, and whatever else was
## >> installed on the truck.  If the reverse light switch was the
## >> only one on
## >> the truck though, then I would stick with the microswitch.

that's actually how our 1110 TravelAll is.  there are three toggles under
the dash above the transmission hump.  one for forward overhead driving
lights, one for rear overhead lights (which function as my backup lights),
and one for the jumper solenoid between the two batteries.  all of them have
a red light next to the toggle that comes on when the switch is activated.
to the right of the steering column, above the keyswitch, is a lighted
rocker switch for the fuel pumps and fuel injection, and just to the left of
the keyswitch, below the rocker, is an unlighted toggle for the fuel
tank/gauge selector.  over on the other side of the steering column, just
below the main light switch, is a lighted toggle switch for the dome light.

everything on this truck except the dome light is on a relay.  the wiring
under the hood is a spaghetti mess, which i am still slowly sorting out and
shortening wires...  but while there is an excess of wires, it's all wired
up quite well with relays and solenoids for everything.  it took some doing
to figure out which relay goes to what device, but once i got that sorted,
it's turned out to be quite a decent setup.

--Mac

Wassail!

Krystof "Mac" MacBryghde
TyrGothi

http://master.triad.ath.cx/
---
This message is certified Virus Free.  However;
Don't take *my* word for it, check it yourself.