RE: [ihc] trailer plug questions...

allrighty, i have a question or two for the towing and
original-equipment-knowledgable gurus here on the Digest.

it's about which trailer plugs were originally installed on IH trucks with
the factory towing package.

i have two 1972 TravelAlls.  one is a 4x2 1010 with the factory towing
package and OEM chrome bumpers (bumpers and tow package are listed on the
lineset).  the other is a 4x4 1110 with an ungodly front winch bumper and a
rear step bumper (which is also listed on the lineset with the tow package).
both of these trucks have the 1-1/8" inside diameter six-pin trailer plug.
both are mounted in the rear bumpers.  the one in the 1110 appears to have
been replaced within the last few years, as it's a newer aftermarket "dress
up" plug, but the one in the 1010 appears to be original.  did these trucks
come from the factory with the six pin round 1-1/8" plug?

our 1970 Scout 800A also has a towing setup (dunno if it's factory or not, i
don't have this one's lineset) and it too has the six-pin round plug just
like the other two...  except that the plug itself is *identical* to the one
in the 1010.  it's also mounted in the body below the tailgate behind the
bumper to the left of the trailer hitch.  did this Scout come with that
plug?

and in general, i'd like to know what trucks of what years got which plugs,
if those in-the-know can dig up that information for me.  like, what the
Scout 80, 800, 800A, 800B, and Scout II each got, what the A, B, and
C-through-C fullsize trucks got, and what the D series got.  and if there
are differences between the different models, if say a 1500 or 500 got a
different plug from say a 1300 or a 200, and if either of those was
different from the 100/1000, 110/1100, and 120/1200 plugs.

thanks in advance for the information.

--Mac

Wassail!

Krystof "Mac" MacBryghde
TyrGothi

http://master.triad.ath.cx/
---
This message is certified Virus Free.  However;
Don't take *my* word for it, check it yourself.