Re: [ihc] Re: 266 w/ knock

--- Steven Stegmann <steve.stegmann@domain.elided>
wrote:
> If you can't maintain reasonable oil pressure, don't
> run it.  No sense in tearing everything else up.
> Cranks are Expensive.
>
> Without any bearing in there, I'd imagine that the
> cam
> will be battering the bore where the cam bearing is
> supposed to be.  The cam is probably harder than the
> block so the block will suffer.
>
> I have a spare 345 that's rebuildable, or so I was
> told.  But, it's in St. Louis.
>
> Steve

Hey old man!!!! You don't have a spare engine! I do!
hahaha
Seriously, I'd be happy to sell it if someone needs
it. $100 or best offer, but has to be picked up in St.
Louis.  I have had the valve covers off, not too bad
looking, just dirty. Always wanted to yank the heads &
oil pan, but never have the time to do that. I might
though coming up. I need a project(like I need a hole
in my head :) )
Mark