[ihc] Cam or crankshaft bearing

On May 21, 2004, at 1:17 PM, Jim Grammer wrote:

The bad news is that you might find a messed up main/rod bearing, replace
it, and still have hosed cam bearings. At least you already have the pan
off...

Jim

I don't think I've ever lost a big piece of bearing like Kyle's, but it seemed to me that the construction of rods and mains makes losing big chunks of bearing kind of unlikely.

NOTE that I said "seemed to me" because I'm not qualified to do more than guess.

Sitting here thinking about which would be best for Kyle, I've decided there is no best, no better, no good. Obviously, he is in for a major repair.

John Hofstetter