Re: [ihc] RE: Overdriving Warn

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jim Grammer" <jgrammer@domain.elided>
To: <ihc@domain.elided>
Sent: Thursday, May 20, 2004 11:02
Subject: [ihc] RE: Overdriving Warn

> >Date: Thu, 20 May 2004 09:30:07 -0600
> >From: "John M. Adams" <jma@domain.elided>
> >Subject: [ihc] Warn Overdrive
>
> >I'm curious about the overdrive unit listed on Ebay, here:
>
> Only fits the D18, as shown. Not sure if there were ever more than 2
> versions, but Scout and Jeep are the only ones currently available from
> Advance Adapters, which bought the tooling from Warn. New ones are kinda
> $dear$, so the units from www.hermtheoverdriveguy.com seem like relative
> bargains.
>
> Prolly handiest behind a V-8, no way my 152 powered 80(31" tires and 4.27
> gears) would have pulled highway speeds in o/d :(
>
> Jim

Some guys report raising their highway speed with the o/d because of the
reduced rpms (and rpms being a big factor in scouts with some of the lower
gears).  Your larger tires might've made a difference though from the small
stock ones...

<shrug>  havn't dealt with it so no first hand knowledge.

-Ryan

---