Re: [ihc] RE: 6 lug to 8 lug

At 2:18 PM 5/18/04, Jim Grammer wrote:
>>Date: Tue, 18 May 2004 12:41:23 -0400
>>From: Rocky Lear <rockylear@domain.elided>
>>Subject: [ihc] converting a 6 lug to an 8 lug?

Can tell you for SURE that, in the case of the RA15's, the extra size in
the center hole of the wheels was FILLED with hub, as well as much larger
wheel bearings. I believe the spindle was larger OD as well, but not
positive on that.  I DO know that the nuts that retain the wheel bearings
are different, though.

On the FA-58 (Dana 70F)--either type of hub would go on the same spindle.

Greg