[ihc] Shocking B's

>Date: Tue, 18 May 2004 07:00:44 -0700 (PDT)
>From: David Raistrick <keen@domain.elided>
>Subject: [ihc] Still Shocking...

>So, speaking of shocks.

>Anyone have a part number for /some/ manf's shocks for the front of a
>B-130?

NAPA had my B front shocks listed by application, which was something like
'IHC 2WD w/beam axle, '57-'73'. I think it's a pretty common shock ;)
Picking some out by dimension would also be pretty easy, there's not exactly
a bunch of suspension travel.

>What about the rear?  There are no shocks on there now, and I'll be damned
>if I can find any mount locations...did these 1 tons come without rear
>shocks?

I believe shocks were an option on the 1 tons, I've seen them with and
without. You could either weld mounting tabs to the housing, or fab a clamp
on affair. There should already be a frame crossmember in about the right
place to mount upper shock studs.

>Oh, and what about a part number for the steering damper? :)

I wouldn't run one, but the I beam axle versions seem to be pretty generic.

Jim