Re: [ihc] Diesel Injector Question

On May 17, 2004, at 3:02 PM, Jim or Ginger Aos wrote:

A space heater
under the engine or the winter plug in block heater, all can help. On the
[ IDI ] indirect injection engines that I use glow plugs are critical for
starting.Without glow plugs the MB is next to impossible to start, the 7.3
in my F350 is difficult. Heat and fuel are the basic items, Heat is
developed by compression and or glow plugs,
Those of you who have done Death Valley (Jail Canyon) with me, or explored the old engines at Tulare already know that I am fascinated by the old "Hot Head Diesels".

Drawing on those experiences, it seems obvious to me that Michael and others having troubles getting their engines started simply need to barbecue some steaks on their engine head, and then shortly after dinner start their engine.

John Hofstetter