Date: Fri, 14 May 2004 17:01:29 +0200
From: "Beijer, P.A.C." <P.A.C.Beijer@domain.elided>
Subject: RE:  [ihc] Cheaper fuel for IH's

I have a '74 200 with dual fuel setup without any engine modification. It
has
a bit less power on propane and milage is about 20% less.
To my understanding propane burns hotter then gas and therefore valveseat
wear
becomes an issue in some engines. But with the factory stellite seats in IH
motors that won't be a problem. In fact the engine runs smoother on propane
than on gas.
Propane costs about the same here in Holland as what you guys pay for gas in
the states. Gasprices are up to around $5 a gallon here so I'll settle for a
bit powerloss.