[ihc] 74/75 x-members

Well, it seems the trick to installing the crossmembers is "More BFH".. the other trick is doing that at 11pm and not drawing unwanted attention to yourself. ;)

(SOON, I'll be in my own shop, with plenty of open field around me.. )

I was able to get the bellhousing piece in place, but the tailhousing mount two-piece X crossmember didn't want to play well.

All of my detailed pictures from disassembling the donor 200 are gone. I can only verify that the top half of the bracket goes UNDER the top of the frame rail.

I think the lower half of the crossmember comes in from the bottom - it seems too tall going in from the top. Anyone able to confirm?

But before I can do that, I need to drag the PortaPower out.. the frame rails are spaced 1/2" too narrow to get the crossmember bolted in.

Pictures can be found at -
http://tigger.tmcom.com/~tsm1/gallery/2004reassemble392?page=2

-Tom
1974 200 Travelette