[ihc] wheels, axles...more.

Just spent a few more minutes with the truck.  Replaced the pass. side
wheels with two of the duals I have that still hold some air.

Have pictures, but not the energy to put'm up yet.  After dinner, perhaps.

Anyway.

With a single dual on the rear, mounted in the same way the front would
mount....with the " 6.5" " tires that are on there, there is about 3/4 to
maybe an inch, clear of the inside of the bed.  Oops.  If the suspension
squats, it'll rub.

As it turns out, though, with the front on, and my handy-dandy-freebie
laser level and a lot of variables (how much rear toe in do these things
/have/ anyway?), it looks like the rear inside wheel and the front (with
dual wheel) actually track pretty close to the same.  If only I had a
laser string...
http://www.advancedracing.com/products2.php?prod=string2

I am rather curious how differently it steers with the dual's on the
front...

Rear mounting surface is just as flat as the front, as we expected.
Should've took both wheels off at the same time and shot the laser across
the two...to late.

Anyway.  So I'd have to have about 2+ inches of spacer to really clear the
bed with 235s, I suppose.

If I stick with what I have, I'll /have/ to get wheels with a flat
mounting surface....the rear never comes anywhere near flat, because that
inner lip, as well as an equivilent outer curve hit the hub well before
the section of the wheel that the lugs ride on can...

Hrm.

--
        David Raistrick    http://www.netmeister.org/news/learn2quote.html
keen@domain.elided	   http://www.expita.com/nomime.html