[ihc] Power steering check valve

I have a rebuilt power steering box, by AMSCO in Phoenix.

It does not have the poppet check valve in the input port, as called for in more than one service manual.

Does anyone have a source for this part?

I called AMSCO - they take them out and throw them away and do not replace them. Their tech said that the valves are
the cause of the box not working about 90 per cent of the time.

The services manuals I have specifically state that the valve malfunction may cause steering kickback and LOOSE
steering.

I want to put the valve in - anyone have a source???

TIA!

- Jim in Mesa

Jim In Mesa - James Lidberg
jameslidberg@domain.elided
'79 Scout II/4X4/345/Edelbrock 1400/727/D20/3.07 open/PS/PB/4"Trailmaster
Copyright 2004 All rights reserved