[ihc] Power Steering Input Shaft size?????

Is there any rule of thumb for the input shaft diameter on a power steering
box for a Scout II/Traveler?
I have one ordered and the guy just wants to know the input shaft size that
I need.
I can barely even see the one in my truck, let alone measure it.  I think
I'd have to be half-way to
taking it out of the truck before I could measure the input shaft diameter.

So, is there any other characteristic I can look for to determine?

Thanks!
JoelB