[ihc] Liftgate, window questions

I had a fun time on my mail route yesterday with my Scout. The right hinge on the liftgate broke off when I was opening it to remove a parcel for a customer. The hing itself was (and is) fine - it was the rust on the liftgate itself that caused the piece to rip out, so I had a hole in the liftgate. (By "Liftgate" I mean the top half of the back of the truck - i.e. the piece on traveltop.)

I didn't have time to bring the truck down to a body shop and get the work done right, so I jury-rigged a solution - I used JB Weld (and duct tape) to reconnect everything. Surprisingly, it worked just fine today.

I'm going to get this fixed right, but I wanted some advice on the right way. Should I have the body shop just fix it, or would it be worth it to look for a fiberglass replacement? Rust would never be an issue, and I'm GUESSING that a Traveller liftgate would be fiberglass (like the rest of its Traveltop) and a bolt-in replacement. The "arms" that hold the gate in the "up" position are also acting up just a bit. So the replacement also holds the potential benefit of upgrading those. Any ideas/preferences?

And my window is acting up. I've got to roll my window up and down a few times a day, and I've noticed an occassional hesitancy for it to move. Upon further inspection, the crank mechanism is a bit "sloppy" and when I use one hand to keep it steady, everything moves just fine. Any ideas on how to correct this?

Thanks,

Dave