Re: [ihc] T-35 into a '74/75 Light Line

Greg Hermann wrote:

The T-35 came to me with bellhousing mounts from a Loadstar, and this
would've bolted right into any pre-74 Light Line truck or T'all.  The
74/75 are unique in their use of a tail-housing crossmember and mount,
like a Scout II uses (same part number, too).

Is it JUST the mount with the same #, or the CROSSMEMBER, as WELL ??????
(Inquiring minds----)
The "isolator" aka bushing is the same Dyco (311?) part # as the SIIs use.

The crossmember is very different. On the 74/75 trucks, it's a two piece "X" design. One half bolts to the top frame rails and swoops down to about the mid point of the rails in the center, with a lip on either the front or the back.

The other half bolts to the lower frame rail, and "swoops" up to about the center of the frame rails, and has a lip on the opposite side.

Take the two together, and one slides in from the front, one from the rear, to form an "X" mounted to both top and bottom of the frame, with a flat section in the center.

This section is drilled to resemble a SII crossmember, with holes for the "soap-bar" tranny mount / isolator.

I believe this spot is used for a 727 install.

On the 4spd (and 5spd) installation, a "S" or "J" shaped bracket bolts to where the "soap mount" is (there are three 3/8" holes for this purpose in addition to the two big holes for the isolator), which swoops down and forward. The bottom of this ALSO looks like the center piece of a SII x-member, with two big holes for the soap-bar isolator.

Effectively, this brings the "mount" area forward and down for the manual transmissions.

On my T19, the studs on the back/bottom of the tranny dropped right into the Dyco mount at this point. On the T-35, I've build an "L" bracket to do the same (since the T-35 lacks bottom/rear studs).