[ihc] header gaskets

Tom R.

	Saw your posts about the copper header gasket.  How is it working
for you?  I too have problems with the header gasket from Stan's getting
brittle and breaking.   Thinking back to my statics class in college and
thought that the problem is bigger than the gasket, it makes sense that
since the bolts are centerlined on the exhaust, when torqued down they put
much more force on the center than on the top or bottom of the exhaust
ports.  (which is where I see evidence of exhaust gasses excaping the
gasket)

	Solution?  Who thinks that I can cut a peice of angle iron that
would transfer some of the torqe to the top and bottom of the exhaust ports.
Or is there another method out there that makes a better seal on Stan's
headers.  I would be interested to hear what others have done.  Thanks.

Matt Seay