Re: [OLDIHC:] Re: [ihc] wheels again, dual>single conversions?

On Mon, 10 May 2004, Tom Mandera wrote:

> Imagine a Dana 44 front drive axle, but instead of a center diff,
> there's just a piece of straight tube from wheel to wheel, with standard
> D44 yokes, spindles, wheel hub, etc.  Just no axle shafts, no center diff.
>
> Your "problem" is, if you want a 1T truck, you'll need a 1T front end..
> and they're not cheap.

Excellent!  That gives me a start, at least.  Now, the rear axles on the
4x4..they have the diff section offset from center, don't they?  So I'd
need a 2wd 3/4 or 1 ton rear axle with reasonable gears..4wd front...

..david

--
        David Raistrick    http://www.netmeister.org/news/learn2quote.html
keen@domain.elided	   http://www.expita.com/nomime.html