RE: [ihc] Wheels, tires...& Willamette?

## >> I don't see any hanger-hardware underneath, or any room...but
## >> that might
## >> have been removed for the hitch, perhaps.
## >>
## >> Anyone have any good (or bad..) pictures of the underside of
## >> their trucks,
## >> showing from around the axle to the rear of the bed and
## >> bumper?  trying to
## >> get an idea of where the original beds sat relative to the frame, and
## >> where and how the bumpers attached...

my 1960 B122 sits on the 114" wheelbase and has the six foot narrowbox bed
(that's the stepside).  originally the spare tire was hung between the frame
rails under the back behind the axle.  mine has this enormous bumper and
heavy steel drop hitch welded to the frame below the tailgate, installed by
the railroad when it was new, but the spare hanger used to be still under
there, and untill my dad gave the truck to me, he kept the spare in the
hanger where it belongs.  i took the spare out to mount new tires on all the
wheels (never did get a new tire put on the spare), and for a while i drove
it around with the spare tire just sitting in the bed (didn't want to put it
back underneath).  when i installed the new hardware and dual wheels, i
didn't have a seventh tire to haul around as a spare.  i don't remember
removing the hanger itself, but it's not there in the pictures, so i must
have taken it out.  it's probably sitting in the bed with all the other
collected parts and junk.

i've got some pictures of the tryck on the web at:
http://master.triad.ath.cx/html/B120.html

just go to the bottom of that page and click the "all new pictures" link.
that'll take you to a whole plethora of pictures.  engine compartment (sans
engine and transmission), external shots, cab, inside the bed, under the
rear, etc.  hope those are helpful to you.  other than the change in rear
axle and suspension and front brake hardware (all of which is from a 1966 IH
1500A), this truck is all original.  there are even pictures of the original
T98 transmission and bellhousing, and i think a couple of the original BD220
where it sits next to the truck.  i actually have several hundred more
digital pictures of this truck as it sits rusting in my dad's field today,
but i can't be stuffed to put them up on the server and set up links for
them.  if you want to see something specific, let me know and i'll go
through the pictures.  if i have what you want to see, i'll send it to you.

i hope you find this useful.

--Mac

Wassail!

Krystof "Mac" MacBryghde
TyrGothi

http://master.triad.ath.cx/
---
This message is certified Virus Free.  However;
Don't take *my* word for it, check it yourself.