[ihc] RE: Shifty Mandera

>Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2004 15:19:07 -0600
>From: Tom Mandera <tsm1@domain.elided>
>Subject: [ihc] Trading a T98 for a T-35

>Hopefully I won't have to customize the shifter to clear the dash when
>I'm done. :)

Don't see how yer gonna avoid it. The Loadstar 5spd on my pallet rack has a
'gentle swan's neck' bend in the shifter. The light line unit next to it has
darn near a 90deg bend at the bottom to get it out from under the dash.

>Still haven't decided what to do with the PTO unit.  It's currently on
>the passenger side, facing rearward.  I suspect this may be in the way
>when I get the NP205 mounted later.  Perhaps I'll swap it over to the
>driver's side at that point, and see about a PTO winch.. though I'm also
>tempted to look into a generator head, mount it on a receiver stinger in
>such a fashion that I can put it in the receiver and attach it to the
>PTO shaft, and have a portable generator. :)

You need 2 accessories to mount like that, the generator and a big rig air
brake compressor. Or, you could just install a hydraulic pump and quick
connects front/rear and run whatever the heck you wanted to at both ends ;)

Jim