Re: [ihc] Re: [OLDIHC:] B-130...new owner!

DR> Any help IDing this carb so I can get a kit for it?  It's likely whatever
DR> was original..

That *looks* like the Holley 2110 2-bbl, same as on my '60 B140 BD264.

DR> Got the broken speed-meter and the 74k on the odo.  Any thoughts on this?

Mine's broken too...  haven't gotten there yet.

DR> A few pictures of the hitch are in there as well, such as:

Atleast it looks reasonably built.  I had to cut off all sorts of
weird stuff off the back of my B140.

DR> Probably cut a hole in the upright, just above the lower plate, and put a
DR> receiver in it eventually.

DR> Did find some rust on the floor of the cab, but not bad:

Much better than mine.  This is the only rust on mine but it's fairly
significant.  If water gets in under the mats they only accelerate the
action of the rust demon.

DR> Gotta find some books for this truck...in the meantime, anyone have tuneup
DR> data? If I read the linecard right, it's a BD-264? Need to find some
DR> gaskets, too.

Gaskets are readily available.  Some internal engine parts are not.
Specifically pistons.  I haven't gotten around to it but the full
manuals are available from Binder Books(?).

DR> Any good parts suppliers, preferably with paper catalogs?  Online catalogs
DR> are good, too...

I've not found a specific supplier.  Some from NAPA/Carquest, some
from ebay, some from spending time tracking down leads, making phone
calls, making more calls, etc...  the nature of the beast.

DR> Oh, and the bed!

You're welcome to my 8.5 foot bed.  Mine has a VERY beat 8.5' bed on
it that I'm not keeping.  The lineset says 8 foot.  Lineset also
mentions several winches that are not there(though a pto lever is).
I suspect a specific setup for the USAEC, that I'll not likely be
able to recreate.  The 8.5 on mine has a 5 inch gap between it and
the cab.

DR> Measurements regarding bed replacement (some of these are sorta
DR> rough..one-man-measureing and all):

DR> Wheelbase: 128"
DR> Back of Cab to rear axle: 60"
DR> Axle to rear of frame: 32"
DR> Nose to rear of frame: 199"

I know my B140 is 129" wheelbase, and the 8.5' bed on mine has a 5
inch gap between it and the cab.

Ken