Re: [ihc] Starter update

John,

I guess what I'm actually selling is AC Delco rebuilt starters.  They seem to take the care which others don't.  Sounds and acts like a new starter.  Current draw is around 250 amps like it should be.  It cost $69 vs $39 and I still think it was worth the extra money.  I don't care how long the warrantee is, I don't want to be under there working on it.

Steve

John Hofstetter <hofs@domain.elided> wrote:

On Friday, April 23, 2004, at 09:36 AM, Steven Stegmann wrote:

> John,
>
> I got one from el-cheapo rebuilders and put 12 volts to it while it
> was just laying on the garage floor.  Maybe 1 or 2 seconds.  Bearings
> were already hot.  Took it back and then got one from Navistar.  The
> one rebuilt by AC Delco didn't do that.  Been in there for years now.
>
> Steve

Steve, and Michael,

I wasn't suggesting that Michael buy a Kragen starter, just have his
tested on their machine.

How in the heck are you, and how is Annapolis?

John

John Hofstetter
www.goldrush.com/~hofs