Re: [ihc] Re: [OLDIHC:] Short Searching

Michael,

Don't forget that an ammeter MUST always be used in series. Take off the battery terminal, put one lead of the ammeter on the battery terminal and the other on the end of the cable. Putting it across the terminals will burn it out.

John Hofstetter

On Saturday, April 17, 2004, at 03:22 PM, Ryan Moore wrote:

----- Original Message -----
From: "Dan Nees" <cookiedan@domain.elided>
To: <ihc@domain.elided>; <josephshaw@domain.elided>
Cc: "Old Ihc List" <oldihc@domain.elided>
Sent: Saturday, April 17, 2004 17:11
Subject: Re: [ihc] Re: [OLDIHC:] Short Searching

Hey, uh, what's up Doc?
Well, if you want to start eliminating things, start pulling fueses out
until the draw goes away, assuming the short is down stream of the fuse
box.
What truck is this on?
The other way to start eliminating things would be to start pulling
harness plugs in the engine compartment and see if that narrows down the
search any.

Dan Nees
cookiedan@domain.elided
What he said.... I also move that you get a multimeter and actually *verify*
your battery is getting a draw when the key is off. It could simply be a
bad battery.

After that, I recommend the fuse by fuse method, once again using the
multimeter to see exactly when the draw goes away.

-Ryan

---