[ihc] IH pickup sighting & ramblings

Today, while going to town following a 1952, 1/2 ton IH pickup, a 1975, 1/2
ton pickup passed us in the opposite direction.  Kind of a nice coincidence.
I already knew the fellow with the 75.  He is the owner of Okanogan truck
and tractor ( IH) dealer.  The other fellow I know now after following him
to an irrigation supply place.  We had a good chat about our trucks,and I
met another IH affectionate.  There are only about 3,000 population in this
town.  It's not uncommon to see from 1 - 4 IHs driving around, but to see
three in one place driving was a bit unique.   p.s. A while back there was a
comment about A.O. Simpson with a ural regarding the company's
accomplishments.  I don't remember if it was mentioned that they also
manufactured a line of welding and cutting torches.  I have a set that I
bought in the mid 60"s and still use it.  I drug the cutting torch down the
road ( don't ask) a bit and when I saw the damage, I filed the seat,
replaced the tip and nut.  Thirty years later it still works well.  The
Three Initials A.O.S. had nothing to do with my last name, nor did it have
an influence on my purchase.

 Cheers Jim A.

Jim Aos
jaos@domain.elided