[ihc] gaskets and gasket goop

Hope everyone had a happy Easter Sunday!

What's the consensus on using gasket sealer on IH engines?  My 345 was
leaking oil (from everywhere!), so I'm tearing it down and replacing gaskets
on the valve covers and oil pan.  The surfaces appear fine, but I don't want
to do this job again anytime soon.  Would it be "safe" to use some high-temp
gasket sealer when installing the new gaskets?  What are y'alls thoughts?