Re: [ihc] Alison trans question

At 12:17 PM 4/7/04, dpetters@domain.elided wrote:
>Good day everyone,
> The family and I went to Southern Scouts DIHxe Regonals last weekend. My
>Travelatte pulled 11mpg on the hi way runs and 14 on the combo runs, thus
>showing me the need for an overdrive for the truck.My question is what
>years did the school buses have the Alison auto overdrive trans.Are there
>any other suggestions for places to get one of the trans not brand new, I
>don't have that kind of money.
>  Thanks,
> Dennis P

Only rather late model Allisons have overdrive top gears. As in--the MD3060
and HD 4060 'world trannys' which are six speeds, are OD in their two
highest ratios, and the (even later model) 1000/2000/2400 models are five
speeds with a single OD ratio.

All of the above are electronic control. You are NOT very likely to find
ANY  of them on the cheap.

Greg