RE: [ihc] RE: John needs hose

> > Does anyone have a source for fuel hose with a 1.25" ID?
> >
> > NAPA. It is fuel-filler specific stuff, about $1/inch last I
> bought some.
> >
> > Jim
> > ---
>
> Thanks, Jim. I'll try again at my local NAPA store. I must have gotten the
> wrong parts monkey the last time I was in there - I told him
> exactly what I
> wanted and what it was for, and he assured me that they had no such thing.
> I'll ask harder... Thanks again, -John A.

Well, the NAPA store here was still no help. Closest they have is 1.5" ID
hose. They offered to sell me that at $1.75 per inch plus 4 reduction
fittings at $3.50 per... Instead, I went to the local tractor supply here in
town. (Most everyone else would have thought of this sooner, but I didn't
until I happened to drive by.) They gave me 10" of that Goodyear made
fuel/oil hose that I could only buy in 100' lengths online. Then they showed
me the antique Farmall and AC models they have on site, and told me all
about the tractor pull and show, and family feed they're hosting next month.
I may have to buy an old Cub just so I can become their loyal customer. It
was a pleasant break from the regular parts counter experience. -John A.

---