[ihc] 3/1 phase question

Fellow binders,
Please forgive the off-topic question, but I recall a rather lengthy discussion of 1 and 3 phase electrics some time ago. Could a kind soul email me (off-list if advised) with a rather simple readers' digest version of an answer to this question: Could a 3-phase generator (ex mil, self propelled) reasonably be adapted to power a home (single-phase)?
Thanks!
Joel
reveling in the B184, thanks to Ryan, now in the driveway for the first time in two years.
--
Joel Furtek <http://homepage.mac.com/heelsroll>; jf7e@domain.elided
Boatman, Virginia Women's Rowing 434/981-6811 (cell); 434/975-CREW (boathouse)