Re: [ihc] 12" clutches and I'm sick of it already!

At 12:25 PM 4/1/04, Joel M Brodsky wrote:

I suspect that you can cure the entire problem by simply adjusting the
fingers (at their fulcrum) by reaching in via the bottom access cover !!

Generally, the adjustment nuts have a collar at their top which you pinch
(over a pair of flats which exist on the end of the stud) with a pair of
vise grips once finished to keep them from moving, and thus 'self'
adjusting.

Obviously, it's necessary to get all three fingers adjusted the same !! :-)

This is a common operation on big-truck clutches.

Greg