[ihc] Master and not in Commander cylinder

Digesters,

   As you read last week, I put a new Master Cylinder into the truck at work
during lunch. After doing so, I was still leaking fluid. I thought it was
the old hard steel line from the drivers side rear brakes to the rubber flex
hose, so I replaced that with a new steel line. BUT, it was still leaking. I
could not keep fluid in it for more than a few minutes. So, I finally looked
into the problem today and found out the problem.

   When I put in the new Cylinder, I bolted it up to the booster, then tried
to attach the hard lines up. I could not get the front line to sit just
right to get the threads to start, I had to loosen the nuts holding the
cylinder to the booster so I could move it around some so the threads would
catch. After I got that line attached I tightened the MC to booster back up
and tried to get the rear hard line started. That, also, would not start, so
I loosened the MC to Booster BACK up so I could get it to grab. After
starting the rear line I then tightened the MC-booster back up and FORGOT to
finish tightening the rear line down!

   SO, every time I stepped on the brakes a nice squirt of fluid shot past
the rear hard line and onto the inner fender! No wonder it wouldn't keep
fluid!

   I tightened it down now and everything is so nice and firm. It sure is a
nice feeling to step on the brakes and not have the pedal sink to the floor
on you.

Dan Nees

cookiedan@domain.elided