Re: [ihc] Dummie here!

----- Original Message -----
From: "Joseph Shaw, II" <josephshaw@domain.elided>
To: <ihc@domain.elided>; <oldihc@domain.elided>
Sent: Sunday, March 28, 2004 06:45
Subject: [ihc] Dummie here!

<snip>
> So, can anyone that has all of this information simply sitting in their
> noggin' tell me if the rims will interchange?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Michael

They won't, it probobly has that rather large 6 lug pattern.  Note it's a
3/4 ton... sorry, half ton wheels won't fit.  It also probobly has split
rims, which are (from what I hear) "fun" to get tires put on.

After this weekend, I don't think you could convince Todd that it'd be a
good idea to go up there (again) after yet another vehicle with his trailer,
but it sounds like you do need to get ahold of one (which means a tow
vehicle too).

I'm going to tell you from experience, make *sure* you have the appropriate
equipment to load and unload the thing.

Someone told me that U-haul rents rollbacks as well as those big ramp
trucks.... if you rented one of those, you could pull up, use the winch to
get the thing on the truck, and drive away.  Don't know how much rental on
those things goes for though, probobly not the cheapest thing.

I really don't know if you can count on flat towing that panel in any
stretch, especially if it's been sitting that long.

Grain of salt since I am completely and utterly exhausted (this is the only
message I'm even going to read from the last week)... now I think bed would
sound like a good idea, if it wasn't like 98 degrees in my room... hopefully
the open window will allow it to cool to "bearable" in time for me to get
some sleep tonight, I sure could use it.  Details of the weekend's events to
follow in the next few days...

Thanks,
Ryan

P.S.  Mandatory "pick on Joel" comment:  What's the difference between a 6
and an 8?  About 30-45 minutes worth of driving!

P.P.S.  Joel:  Don't feel too bad, we probobly lost 2 or 2.5 hours after
that due to other wrong turns (and then trouble finding the farmer's
driveway in the dark thanks to the construction)

---