Re: [ihc] 727 Rebuild & Shift kits?

Thanks Collin, I will be doing some four wheeling but, more towing and around town driving. My Scout is a 1979 with the 345.  I am very interested in all the things you mentioned, any phone numbers, prices and availabilty info you have. I have a urethane transmission mount and a large cooler I was hoping to reuse. I have seen some aresol type line and cooling system flushes. Can that be used insted of replacing the radiator?
Do the IHC 727's come with a 3 pinion planetary? How many frictions? I had my tranny rebuilt six or seven years ago. Shifter shaft leak, and got talked into a full rebuild. It worked better before the rebuild and hasnt felt right since, 50k. I want a stout rebuild with nice firm shifts. I want to do it right, so I wont have to do it again.

Thanks Again

R.T. Sekhon
1979 Scout II
Dallas,TX

Colin M Rush <salmineo@domain.elided> wrote:
Before you start ordering parts, or specifying parts, you should
ask what type of driving are you going to do? Mostly towing? Mostly
racing? Mostly offroading? Mostly highway driving? That will help
dictate what clutch materials you use.